Working from home definitely has its perks. You basically run your day. You don’t have someone lurking over your shoulder to see what you are doing. You get the job done and move on to the next. In the perfect world, there would be NO DISTRACTIONS. Truth is, ever since I started working from home, I have also started teaching myself to contour, watched a few Netflix series (Chewing Gum is HILARIOUS), stared out the window for hours, stared in the refrigerator trying to decide between an apple and a peach, painted my toenails and did A LOT of brainstorming. It’s easy to get sidetracked when you are in the comforts of your own home but it’s also the best place to be to get EVERYTHING done. Here is how to BOSS multitasking when working from home!
1. Plan your day by the hour. Make sure to plan every part of your day including your breaks (I recommend taking a 10 minute breather at the top of every hour), lunch time, running errands, etc. Everything gets put on the hourly schedule. EVERYTHING!
2. Sitting in one spot is not healthy. Move around a little bit. Get up and do some squats or use an exercise ball as a chair to keep your blood pumping.
3. Just because you are working from home doesn’t mean that you have to wear your pajamas. Get dressed, put on your makeup and get it done. Doing a D.I.Y. project? Do a little bit at a time throughout the day and watch it come together!
4. Schedule other activities. If laundry needs to be done, put a load in the washer and then get back to your office to work on something else.
5. Prep your dinner the night before so when it’s time, put it in the oven and of course get back to what you were doing.
6. Have a clean space. A cluttered space means a cluttered mind. Try to straighten up each night before bed so that you wake up to a clear mind.
7. Evaluate your day at the end of the day and find out where you got distracted or what you didn’t get done. Once you realize where you fell short you know where to make changes moving forward.
I say all this to say, you can be successful working from home and I am not just talking about the job part but also the household as well. I have a corporate job that I work from home, a business, a toddler, I’m in Grad school AGAIN and I have everything else going on. But, it can get done. You can do it all. You are a Boss Wife and multitasking just comes with the territory!!